Mahmud Elbagoury is a Governance, Risk and Compliance Leader consulting various organizations both public and private in a range of industries on different spectrums in the GRC area.
Mahmud Currently is a Chief Audit and Compliance Officer with Union Group Egypt and UAE. Prior to joining Union Group, Mahmoud has been worked for KPMG Risk Consulting in a multiple leadership positions as KPMG Business School National Leader, Collaboration and Knowledge Champion, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services Manager, Member of the Board of Directors’ Advisory Committee and was the Governance, Risk and Compliance leader, providing a wide range of risk consulting services including the design and assessment of Governance, Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Controls and Internal Audit frameworks, Compliance and Ethics programs.
Prior to joining KPMG Risk Consulting, Mahmoud started his career with KPMG Audit and Assurance Services, then worked with the largest telecom service provider in the Middle East and Africa in Internal Audit in a senior position. During his professional services career, Mahmoud advises multinational and regional clients in many sectors such as, Financial Services, Automotive, Industrial, Telecom & FMCG, Governmental and State-Owned Enterprises.
Sample of Key projects include:
- Compliance and Ethics design and assessment for one of leading Automotive Group in the Middle East;
- Establishment of Internal Audit Function for one of the Biggest Insurance Group in the Middle East;
- Internal Audit Strategic Sourcing for major Industrial and FMCG groups in EMEA region;
- Internal Control Framework design and assessment for one of the leading Agribusiness Group in Egypt;
- Developing several Practice Guides with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA);
- Evaluation of the Corporate Governance Codes in relation with the OCED Corporate Governance Principals;
With strong Board presence. Mahmoud is a Member of the Board of Directors of the Egyptian Association of the Certified Fraud Examiners, Member of the Board of Trustees at QEYADA Foundation, and Member of the Institute Relations Committee of the Egyptian Institute of Internal Auditors.